Full-Time Program Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Along with the Managing Director, the Program Manager (“PM”) is tasked with the success of a particular Techstars program. This opportunity affords high visibility and responsibility as the PM works side by side with a prominent Managing Director, helping early stage companies through the Techstars mentorship driven accelerator model.
The Program Manager is responsible for the administrative duties, operations, and the execution of the program from the pre-program stage, through the program, and the post-program stage. They keep the trains running on time. During the “off-season” (not running a program), PMs have responsibilities/objectives that benefit the entire Techstars ecosystem. Logistics experience as well as familiarity with the early stage venture backed company ecosystem is preferred. A willingness to learn and comfort tackling new problems is a must. We are looking for a Program Manager to grow with Techstars as a global organization. This position is full time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Engage with Techstars founders and coordinate activities, meetings and events that drive them toward success
– Manage relationships and coordinate scheduling of mentors
– Coordinate and manage relationships with Techstars corporate partner resources (where applicable)
– Manage relationships with Local and Global sponsors of Techstars
– Follow best practices and execute upon outlined content and curriculum of the program
– Share new best practices with the Techstars team globally as you identify areas for innovation and improvement
– Calendar management (mentors, talks, events, general programming)
– Event planning
– Recruit companies, vet applications, and assist the Managing Director with company selection
– Recruit and manage Techstars Associates and Hackstars
– Represent Techstars in local community, both actively and passively
– Service the Techstars network overall on and off-season: sherpa new PDs and PMs, assist in other programs, work on strategic initiatives and develop meaningful and beneficial relationships across the Techstars ecosystem
– 2-5 years in fast-paced project or program management focused position
– Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital
– Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
– Experience in event planning and event logistics
– Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities – PMs make investments and wipe down tables!
– Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
– Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
– Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university