Full-Time Finance Manager
We are itembase, a Berlin and San Francisco based company enabling the future of e-commerce. Working with industry leaders like UPS, Mastercard, Magento or Prestashop we’re on a mission to connect all the companies of the e-commerce world in order to provide consumers with an amazing purchasing experience.
Currently over 75 Solution Providers are enabled to provide an awesome service to 250k shops and 37m consumers worldwide through our e-commerce API. Come January 2017 this number will up to 250 Solution Providers servicing 500k shops and 150m consumers, thanks to our great partner network and of course the work you will be doing.
After opening up our e-commerce workspace in Berlin, where companies like Trustpilot and MellowBoards find an inspiring e-commerce community, we’ll expand this concept to our US Office and will add experienced e-commerce employees in both locations to help accelerate and manage our growth.
Currently we are looking for a talented Finance Manager that helps us lift our company to the next level. By joining our team, you become part of the community of incredibly talented and dedicated people fueled by a passion for what we do.
In this position you take full ownership of the company’s finances from day one and build the foundation for a startup heading towards becoming a global category leader. You manage all fundraising topics with the CEO and coordinate all our efforts within this topic in current European rounds and also for our planned U.S. investment rounds. You further develop tools and processes to provide vital financial and operational information to the management and investors and make proactive recommendations towards both strategic and operational decisions. You build up a functional and flexible finance and accounting unit that works toward achieving operational excellence.
– Experience as a Finance Manager, preferably in a startup environment
– Great at investor relations, financial reporting, budgeting, and (cash flow) forecasting
– Very solid experience in financial planning, controlling, and auditing within startups
– Proven track record within sourcing and closing equity deals for startups, plus for IPO experience
– Experience within extensive due diligence for tier A venture capitalist firms
– Outstanding analytical reasoning skills in combination with excellent organisational skills.
– Demonstrated leadership skills, team management experience and awesome interpersonal skills.
– Strong problem solving skills and very good communication skills
– Fluency in English and German
– Real start-up spirit in an open-minded, friendly, international team of 20+ employees
– Fast growing working environment and large amount of responsibility
– Possibility to spend significant time in the US/Silicon Valley
– A lot of room for creativity and ideas and the possibility to be part of an startup success story
If you are a flexible, open-minded and dedicated individual, itembase offers interesting opportunities not only in an exciting and challenging industry, but also an enjoyable and open working atmosphere. If you have the drive and commitment to work in the dynamic and demanding itembase environment, please submit your online application (including your CV with your possible starting date and salary expectations).